NPR Reviews Provided by
Gonen2014 from: Haifa, Israel
Published Date: Nov, 27, 2019 Travel Date: Aug, 1, 2019 Rating: 3
Simple, perfect location, too expensive
Curry Vilage has long rows of white Canvas tents and few restaurants, and is in a perfect location in the park. The canvas tents are very simple: two beds and one light bulb, no electrical outlet to charge your phone or camera. Outside the tent you have a metal box to keep the food. We took a tent without heating, as there was no need to heat, and still the price was very expensive: 161$ per night for a couple! There are several places to eat in the village, and the prices are resonable.
- Rooms: 3
- Sleep Quality: 3
- Service: 4
166100steve from: Maitland, Australia
Trip Type: Couples
Published Date: Nov, 17, 2019 Travel Date: Nov, 1, 2019 Rating: 1
Booked in for 2 nights. Basically a tent city for school excursions and backpackers. No facilities, restaurants closed.cold,dismal,like warm showers, staff not friendly.
No lights outside if you wanted to go to the toilet.just not up to standard.
700bakescakes from: Scotland, United Kingdom
Published Date: Nov, 14, 2019 Travel Date: Nov, 1, 2019 Rating: 1
Poor standard for the price
Really unhappy about the standards on offer for the money we were charged, this stay cost us nearly $280 a night which is a ridiculous amount for the quality and cleanliness. The site has the huge advantage of being in the park but that’s it
- Value: 1
- Cleanliness: 1
- Service: 4
Published Date: Nov, 12, 2019 Travel Date: Nov, 1, 2019 Rating: 4
I recently stayed at Curry Village with three other friends for the weekend and we had a great time for a short visit!
- Location can't get much better if you want to visit Yosemite Valley
- Canvas tents are pretty neat and spacious. We had a heated tent one night and an unheated tent for the other night. The heated tent was perfectly warm and the unheated tent was (as expected) cold lol because it was November.
- The camp store and restaurant on the premises were good quality and great ambiance.
- The service was sub par. We called multiple times in the week leading up to the trip and got different answers from different people almost every time on any topic. This was the same case when we got to the site.
- They don't open up a majority of the tents for people to stay in. We were told the camp ground was full the second night we were there but when we were walking around, maybe a fifth of the tents actually had people in them.
- Price. So expensive! They can do this because of their amazing location but for someone who is used to spending $20 on a campsite, the price is not recommended for more than a weekend trip.
Regardless of the cons, we had a good time and would stay there again.
- Sleep Quality: 4
- Cleanliness: 4
- Service: 2
lysjerash from: Madrid, Spain
Published Date: Oct, 28, 2019 Travel Date: Aug, 1, 2019 Rating: 1
We live in Europe, booked our stay in january due to the pictures we saw in the website and when we arrived with our 3 kids, we found out that the lodge was completely different as the pictures published:
- stains all over the carpet and the covers
- carpet full of dust and lint specilly behind the beds
- women restrooms uncleaned for more than a day...and some of them were closed...
- Showers full of dirt and hairs everywhere
- next day, we came back after 7pm and the beds were still unmade...
The first day, my husband and I went to speak to the manager. The only solution she offered was giving us our money back at 11:30pm!!!
In the middle of nowhere, with 3 kids, at that hour, what could we do?
Look at the pictures and draw their own conclusions!!!