NPR Reviews Provided by
Grand Canyon Plaza Hotel
VanBurenZgirl from: Van Buren
Published Date: Feb, 10, 2020 Travel Date: Jan, 1, 2020 Rating: 5
Nice room, no breakfast
This Hotel was very nice. Everything was very clean and the people at the desk were very nice. The, only, problem we had and we might have misunderstood what we were told. But, when we checked in, my husband asked if there was breakfast and the girl told him no but that we could go into the restaurant and eat there. The way she said it, he assumed we ate free. We did eat in the restaurant then went to check out. We were charged $29 for breakfast. So, just, be aware.
- Rooms: 5
- Cleanliness: 5
- Service: 5
Trip Type: Family
Published Date: Feb, 1, 2020 Travel Date: Jan, 1, 2020 Rating: 1
1. The room they gave us sink did not work (room not ready for guest) see photo below!
2. Went to front desk about problem and the moved us to another room.
3. Before we went up to the new room we decided to get a drink and something to eat at the bar. Another bad decision! Bartender was confused when I asked for a Tito’s and Lemonade! Pretty simple! Food was ok.
4. We then head up to the rooms to grab our stuff and go to the new one. Got our stuff out of the 1st room and headed to the new one to find out the keys they made didn’t work for it. I just about had it at this point.
5. Head back down to front desk (which is a pain in the butt). I asked the to just refund me that I had enough with this place. The lady at the desk did nothing to try and keep us there and seemed very unconcerned. Just told us that they can’t refund us because we booked it through orbitz. So we called Orbitz and they said they had to contact the hotel to confirm that we are canceling. So that happens and the front desk clerk comes back out to tell us that she did speak to Orbitz but she still can’t refund us because there is no Manager on Duty!!! Totally changed her story.
After a lengthy discussion with my family we decided to stay since we can’t be refunded.
6. 8:30 AM really loud knock on the door like the police are looking for a murder suspect. I mean multiple banging on the door... I go to the door and a guy says “oh just checking” and walks away!?!?!? Again this happens at 10:00 AM this time another guy says “oh sorry, housekeeping no rush.”
7. Trust me Stay Away from this place!!!!
Ohhh yeah been 4 days since we checked out and still haven’t received our deposit back yet!
Published Date: Jan, 17, 2020 Travel Date: Jan, 1, 2020 Rating: 3
We had a room by the hot tub. Music was so load we could hear every word of every song until it was turned off sometime after midnight. 50 dollar pet fee! Ate at the bar late and it was good food and good service.
- Rooms: 3
- Value: 3
- Service: 3
A R B from: Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Trip Type: Business
Published Date: Jan, 9, 2020 Travel Date: Nov, 1, 2019 Rating: 4
Much bigger than expected.
This place was huge! And trying to find the reception in the driving snow and dropping temperature wasn't the best start.
However. The hotel was conformable enough with all the required amenities to recover from a day driving from Las Vegas and exploring the South Rim of the Grand Canyon.
Would stay again...and next time find the reception in the car first!
- Value: 4
- Cleanliness: 4
- Service: 4
fanningb3 from: New York
Trip Type: Couples
Published Date: Jan, 5, 2020 Travel Date: Dec, 1, 2019 Rating: 2
I hate writing negative review but I think it’s important people are aware; especially since I paid much more than the listed price. We got there later in the day but when we got there there was no parking. The room was not cleaned; I had to actually clean the toilet seat when I got in because I was grossed out. Our room was next to the ice machine; so it was loud at night. Also the WiFi password didn’t work initially and was extremely slow. I was better off using my cell service. Defiantly more on the lines of a budget motel not worth the 482 (with fees and taxes) I paid for two nights.