NPR Reviews Provided by
The Atomic Inn
Deana N from: Las Vegas, Nevada
Trip Type: Couples
Published Date: Jan, 6, 2019 Travel Date: Jan, 1, 2019 Rating: 1
Cheap, clean, dated..but impossible to get good sleep
Reviews during my research for finding a place in Beatty was dominated with "dated but clean," so I booked here for one night while in the area to explore Death Valley. I don't need a fancy place, but a clean place with a comfortable bed and walls that are more than paper thin are a necessity. Next time, I will be staying elsewhere. Here are my pros and cons:
- One of the cheapest places in town
- Yes....dated but clean
- Allows pets (for an extra fee)
- I think I bothered the front clerk by wanting to check in while she was playing Candy Crush. No greeting and I had to stand there a few seconds and initiate the "hello" before she stood up to check me in
- The walls are PAPER thin! Kept my headphones on all night to try and drown out the neighbors (and they weren't loud...the walls were that thin)
- My room had been advertised to have a new mattress on the bed. If that lumpy thing that sloped to the middle is a new mattress, I would hate to sleep on an old one.
- The sheets / pillows are super thin and the fitted sheet did not stay on. I woke up in the middle of the night to find myself sleeping on the bare mattress.
- There was no hair dryer in the room (even though the website pictures show one mounted to the bathroom wall).
- There is only coffee at the main office (no coffee maker in the room), where they also offer oatmeal for breakfast. However, the office doesn't open until 730 AM, so if you're wanting to get out early, you'll be getting coffee / breakfast from the gas station.
- Value: 3
- Location: 5
- Service: 2
Trip Type: Family
Published Date: Jan, 3, 2019 Travel Date: Jan, 1, 2019 Rating: 1
Did not even stay - no heat!!
Had made a reservation partly based on the reviews that at least hot cereal was served for breakfast. Checked in with a young man,went to the room (looks like an old cabin) and found there was no heat!!! Turned on a small portable heater, and hoped it would warm up, Went out looking for dinner,what a joke!!!, came back and the heater was off!! The drawers did not open, there was no overhead light that worked and the last straw was when I sat on the bed and almost fell to the floor (only one light blanket on the bed - they charge for extra bedding)!!! Decided that rather than freeze to death we would leave and drove back to Las Vegas!! Word to the wise - DO NOT STOP IN BEATTY!!!!!
- Location: 2
- Cleanliness: 2
- Service: 1
Giovanna G from:
Trip Type: Family
Published Date: Dec, 31, 2018 Travel Date: Dec, 1, 2018 Rating: 2
Not terrible, but I wouldn’t go again
The room was big, but the furniture was old and looked quite dirty (particularly the armchair). The room had a big fridge and the microwave, but there wasn’t a coffee machine. In the bathroom there were only two small soap bars, no shampoo or body wash. There was no hairdryer, not even to borrow from the office... There was complimentary coffee in the office all the time. We stayed two nights and during our stay no one came to made the beds or clean the room.
- Value: 2
- Sleep Quality: 3
- Service: 1
Cascade47 from: Oregon
Trip Type: Solo travel
Published Date: Dec, 1, 2018 Travel Date: Dec, 1, 2018 Rating: 3
Ok...different...could be better...
For the money, it should be alot better. Almost $70 in the dead of winter. The bed is nice, at least in my room. The furnishings are also nice...mid century kitsch...I like it. However, the carpet is worn...some stains on chairs. TV worked and has sat reception. My main beef is...the heater is an electric resistance type sitting on the floor...and does not heat too well. Shower was cold, not the water, the room. Maybe nicer in the summer.
- Rooms: 3
- Location: 4
- Service: 4
debkami from: Oakland, California
Published Date: Nov, 26, 2018 Travel Date: Nov, 1, 2018 Rating: 3
Clean but distressingly worn
Grounds are cute, but the room was constructed and maintained in a very slapdash manner: old thin paneling with finish coming off, trim that looked chewed rather than cut, fixtures that don't work. It seems rooms vary: ask to see yours before completing check-in.